Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Saltines



Alex and I usually stop for a lunch date after Mom and Me

Normal down to earth moms are hard to freaking find in NYC and I can't imagine it being the same way everywhere else. I hate judging people (especially moms!) who love their kids to death. But, for fuck sake I am venting how sick and tired I am of this obsessing over food to the point of who makes their own saltines.  How the hell do all of these moms have time to make their own saltines, cereals, and baby food?! (I mean aren't they keeping up with The Bachelor?? Ben's season is soooooooo good!) I make all of Alex's baby food and that alone is very time consuming! Do you think they are lying??? Should I walk into Mom and Me Thursday with Alex's graham crackers (ends a bit rough) and go off on how I made them from organic cinnamon flour love?? Damn right I am. I barely have time to shower so how the hell do theeeeyyyyyyy have time to worry about making saltines!!?!)  I mean saltines?!?! Of all freaking things to make. And it's a popular one apparently too. 

What I did finally perfect though is my prosciutto and eggplant stuffed chicken . When I make it I assemble a few and freeze them for a rainy day. Always great to have on hand and it's one of Alex's favorites.  

Spring semester just started and I even dropped one of my 3 classes before even going to focus on getting through Spanish2 online, making it through two days a week of crazy college algebra, and my head's just not in it. All of a sudden it's gotten tough to be a full time student, a mom, and wife of a hoarder. Alex's first birthday was today (yay!) and my parents came over for lunch and to play with him. He ate his own cupcake like a monster and I have great pics and video. His new fascination is crawling through and under everything. My parents bought him a 6 foot play tunnel to crawl through. My ass won't fit through and I haven't sat down since 6:45am no joke. Not because I hurt my ass or anything in a play tunnel, but because I was chasing my son around.


Alex's 1st Birthday



My Thursday Mom and Me requires moms to sign up for a date to teach a lesson geared toward your kids age group. One mom taught balloon blowing which left kids crying over popped balloons and me paranoid about small pieces. Another dad taught bubble blowing and when soap got in one kids eye the mother had a meltdown and it ended the day all weird and early. I'm nervous. Like what would Rachael Ray do?!?! My date is coming up and New York Moms are freaking tough to please! OK so I was set on teaching sharing and bringing in snacks and calling it a day. But now with this food-restrictions-God help anyone with gluten in the room obsession craze I am learning about; I am so not giving anybody's kid a melt in your mouth piece of goodness. Ever. Since a lot of moms are reading my blog, please, comment suggestions/ ideas for my Mom and Me lesson. Thank you. And- if you know of great moms in Manhattan who want  to start a Wine Served at Mom and Me petition please send them my way. Thanks again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment